Thursday, July 10, 2008

Naturalization


I just mailed my US citizenship application yesterday. I was supposed to send it 1 week ago but proscratination prevailed. I have been here in US for a little bit more than 4 years but been a legal resident since September 2005. According to one of their qualification, a person can apply for citizenship if you are a Lawful Permanent Resident for at least three years and have been married to and living with the same US citizen for the last three years. Since I am married with the same husband for almost 4 years and will be turning 3 years on my residency, then I fall on the said category and have met the requirements.

I am hoping that the process will go through quicker. They said (and those I knew who had done the same thing), it takes six months to complete the whole procedure if they find your application without any problems especially with all the required initial evidence asked and your eligibility.

No comments: